By M. Coca-Prados, K. Kondo, M. Sears (auth.), Professor Dr. G. K. Krieglstein, Professor Dr. Dr. h.c. W. Leydhecker (eds.)
The moment Committee assembly of the Glaucoma Society of the foreign Congress of Ophthalmology was once held in Carmel Valley ICalifornia from October 22-27, 1982. characteristically this assembly used to be closed and preceded the overseas Congress of Ophthalmology in San Francisco. a bunch of approximately eighty specialists on glaucoma - energetic contributors of the committee and invited site visitors - exchanged newest medical studies at the growth in pathophysiology, prognosis and therapy of the glaucomas. the purpose ofthe assembly was once to supply fairly casual displays grouped round major subject matters and plentiful, full of life discussions. The medical and native association used to be within the arms of Jack Hetherington Jr.lSan Francisco and Stephen M. Drance/Vancouver. it's the honest want of the society to precise warmest because of Valerie Hetherington who took in a so much fascinating and effective method a lot of the weight of the neighborhood association. the belief of pre-circulation of all clinical displays 2-3 months ahead of the assembly to all individuals and visitors proved to be powerful with admire to fruitful and stimulating discussions on the web site of the assembly. We thank all members for his or her co-operation in sending their manuscripts in time. The society is indebted to Chibret Int. Pharmaceutical corporation for beneficiant aid of this publication.
Read or Download Glaucoma Update II: Glaucoma Society of the International Congress of Ophthalmology Carmel/California, October 22–27, 1982 PDF
Similar international books
This quantity grew out of a countrywide Bureau of monetary examine convention on alternate premiums held in Bellagio, Italy, in 1982. In it, the world's most beneficial foreign financial economists speak about 3 major new perspectives at the economics of alternate premiums - Rudiger Dornbusch's overshooting version, Jacob Frenkel's and Michael Mussa's asset marketplace versions, and Pentti Kouri's present account/portfolio technique.
Residual stresses are continuously brought in fabrics after they are produced, or after they endure non-uniform plastic deformation in the course of use. The situations which can reason residual stresses are hence quite a few. Residual stresses exist in all fabrics and, reckoning on their distribution, can playa priceless position (for instance, compressive floor pressure) or have a catastrophic influence, in particular on fatigue behaviour and corrosion homes.
This e-book is the court cases of a workshop held at Heriot-Watt collage in Edinburgh in August 1993. The critical topic of the workshop was once principles in database structures, and the papers provided coated more than a few assorted features of database rule platforms. those features are mirrored within the classes of the workshop, that are almost like the sections during this complaints: energetic Databases Architectures Incorporating Temporal ideas ideas and Transactions research and Debugging of energetic ideas Integrating Graphs/Objects with Deduction Integrating Deductive and lively ideas Integrity Constraints Deductive Databases The incorporation of principles into database structures is a vital quarter of study, because it is a tremendous part within the integration of behavioural details with the structural info with which advertisement databases have generally been linked.
- The Socio-Economic Impact of Microelectronics. This Book Is Based on an International Conference Held in Zandvoort, The Netherlands, Which Was Supported by The Netherlands Ministry of Science Policy
- Between Growth and Stability: The Demise and Reform of the European Union's Stability and Growth Pact
- Selected Areas in Cryptography: 8th Annual International Workshop, SAC 2001 Toronto, Ontario, Canada, August 16–17, 2001 Revised Papers
- Neural Information Processing: 16th International Conference, ICONIP 2009, Bangkok, Thailand, December 1-5, 2009, Proceedings, Part II
- Trade in Services Negotiations: A Guide for Developing Countries (Directions in Development)
- Rough Sets, Fuzzy Sets, Data Mining, and Granular Computing: 10th International Conference, RSFDGrC 2005, Regina, Canada, August 31 - September 3, 2005, Proceedings, Part I
Extra info for Glaucoma Update II: Glaucoma Society of the International Congress of Ophthalmology Carmel/California, October 22–27, 1982
5% was studied in three groups of ocular hypertensive patients, five subjects per group. These patients were not receiving anti-glaucoma therapy. Vanadate was randomly delivered to one eye (Table 1). 5% resulted in no reduction in lOP. 5% were minimal. The number of patients was too small for statistical analysis; however, vanadate's lOP effect in patients was markedly less than in rabbits. A number of possible reasons for this included: a) Vanadate penetrated poorly in humans and thus insufficient drug entered the eye.
39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. Substance P-like immunoreactive nerve fibers in the trabecular meshwork. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 21:484-486 Shimizu Y, Kuwayama Y, Fukuda M, Ishimoto I, Shiosaka S, Inagaki S, Takagi H, Sakanaka M, Senba E, Kawai Y, Takatsuki K, Tohyama T (1982) Localization of substance P-like immunoreactivity in the anterior eye segment of squirrels: an immunohistochemical analysis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 22:259263 Tornqvist K, Mandahl A, Leander S, Loren I, HAkanson R, Sundler F (1982) Substance P-immunoreactive nerve fibers in the anterior segment of rabbit eye.
Sljernschantz J, Sears M, Sljemschantz L (1981) Intraocular effects of substance P in the rabbit Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 20:53-60 17. Bill A, Sljemschantz J, Mandahl A, Brodin E, Nilsson G (1979) Substance P: release on trigeminal nerve stimulation, effects in the eye. Acta Physiol Scand 106:371-373 18. Holmdahl G, Hakanson R, Leander S, Rosell S, Folkers K, Sundler F (1981) A substance P antagonist, [D-Pro 2, D-TfP 7,9]Sp, inhibits in- 21 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32.
Glaucoma Update II: Glaucoma Society of the International Congress of Ophthalmology Carmel/California, October 22–27, 1982 by M. Coca-Prados, K. Kondo, M. Sears (auth.), Professor Dr. G. K. Krieglstein, Professor Dr. Dr. h.c. W. Leydhecker (eds.)