By Suzanne Rose MD MSEd
Constipation: a pragmatic method of prognosis and Treatment serves as an unmet source for physicians and different well-being care prone, together with trainees and scholars, who see sufferers with constipation. The textual content studies pathophysiologic mechanisms and information overview and administration options. the quantity additionally permits the reader to spot epidemiologic components and caliber of lifestyles parameters for sufferers with constipation, talk about adjustments in pathophysiologic mechanisms for various etiologies of constipation, realize fundamental factors of constipation, and examine specific concerns regarding the symptom of constipation together with displays within the aged, in pregnant girls, in sufferers with systemic illnesses, and sufferers with a background of abuse.
Written by way of concept leaders and well-known specialists in gastrointestinal motility and clinical schooling, Constipation: a pragmatic method of analysis and therapy is of significant worth and application for gastroenterologists, fundamental care physicians, gynecologists, nurse practitioners, physician’s assistants, in addition to fellows and residents.
Read or Download Constipation: A Practical Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment PDF
Best digestive organs books
This can be a 3-in-1 reference publication. It offers an entire clinical dictionary masking hundreds of thousands of phrases and expressions with regards to glutamine. It additionally provides large lists of bibliographic citations. ultimately, it offers info to clients on the way to replace their wisdom utilizing a variety of net assets.
Digestive proceedings became more and more universal. fresh information exhibit that gastrointestinal lawsuits account for almost a 3rd of all visits to fundamental care medical professionals and that just about one in six americans be afflicted by digestive illness. during this quantity, a world panel of major specialists presents a wealth of knowledge for healthiness care practitioners and shoppers at the intent, equipment, modalities, and efficacy of integrative options for gastrointestinal issues.
Cirrhosis: a realistic advisor to administration offers gastroenterologists and hepatologists with an updated scientific advisor providing some of the best evidence-based perform within the analysis, therapy and administration of liver cirrhosis and its many complications. Designed to supply sensible suggestions continually, it presents medical professionals with a very useful gizmo within the scientific atmosphere, with each one bankruptcy that includes diagnostic/management algorithms, key issues and different pedagogic positive aspects.
This quantity is the 1st textual content to concisely but comprehensively disguise advancements for either alcoholic and nonalcoholic fatty liver ailment in an geared up style. elements of those illnesses lined within the booklet contain international epidemiology and hazard elements, pathogenesis, animal versions, hepatic and extra-hepatic malignancies, remedy versions, and present and rising treatments.
- Lactose Intolerance - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Disorders of the Pelvic Floor and Anorectum, An Issue of Gastroenterology Clinics (The Clinics: Internal Medicine)
- Clinical Measurements in Gastroenterology
- Chemoradiation in cancer therapy
- Pocket Handbook of GI Pharmacotherapeutics
- Hepatology : a clinical textbook
Additional info for Constipation: A Practical Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment
1999;94:1760–70. 3. Higgins PDR, Johanson JF. Epidemiology of constipation in North America: a systematic review. Am J Gastroenterol. 2004;99:750–9. 4. Mugie SM, Benninga MA, Di Lorenzo C. Epidemiology of constipation in children and adults: a systematic review. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2011;25:3–18. 5. Johanson JF. Geographic distribution of constipation in the United States. Am J Gastroenterol. 1998;93:188–91. 6. Sandler RS, Jordan MC, Shelton BJ. Demographic and dietary determinants of constipation in the US population.
27. Bytzer H, Howell S, Leemon M, Young LJ, Jones MP, Talley NJ. Low socioeconomic class is a risk factor for upper and lower gastrointestinal symptoms: a population based study in 15 000 Australian adults. Gut. 2001;49:66–72. 28. Sonnenberg A, Koch TR. Physician visits in the United States for constipation: 1958 to 1986. Dig Dis Sci. 1989;34:606–11. 29. Dukas L, Willett WC, Giovannucci EL. Association between physical activity, fiber intake, and other lifestyle variables and constipation in a study of women.
51. Koloski NA, Talley NJ, Boyce PM. Does psychological distress modulate functional gastrointestinal symptoms and health care seeking? A prospective, community cohort study. Am J Gastroenterol. 2003;98:789–97. 52. Creed F, Ratcliffe J, Fernandez L, Tomenson B, Palmer S, Rigby C, et al. Health-related quality of life and health care costs in severe, refractory irritable bowel syndrome. Ann Intern Med. 2001;134:860–8. 53. Lee V, Guthrie E, Robinson A, Kennedy A, Tomenso B, Rogers A, et al. Functional bowel disorders in primary care: factors associated with health-related quality of life and doctor consultation.
Constipation: A Practical Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment by Suzanne Rose MD MSEd