By F. Rodriguez-Reinoso, J. Rouquerol, K. S. W. Sing
Read or Download Characterization of Porous Solids II PDF
Best physical chemistry books
Molecular conception of Solvation provides the new development within the statistical mechanics of molecular beverages utilized to the main interesting difficulties in chemistry at the present time, together with chemical reactions, conformational balance of biomolecules, ion hydration, and electrode-solution interface. The continuum version of "solvation" has performed a dominant function in describing chemical approaches in answer over the past century.
Integrating insurance of polymers and organic macromolecules right into a unmarried textual content, actual Chemistry of Macromolecules is thoroughly based to supply a transparent and constant source for rookies and execs alike. the elemental wisdom of either biophysical and actual polymer chemistry is roofed, in addition to very important phrases, simple structural houses and relationships.
This sequence offers the chemical physics box with a discussion board for severe, authoritative reviews of advances in each region of the self-discipline.
This article deals authoritative contributions from approximately two hundred leaders within the box and new the way to improve catalytic reactions. "Catalysis of natural Reactions" covers ways for designing, editing, and changing catalysts for greater functionality, functionality, and balance, methods to lessen spinoff formation, and low-budget possible choices for the hydrogenation of natural compounds.
- Critical Potentials and the Heat of Dissociation of Hydrogen as Determined from Its Ultra-Violet Band Spectrum
- Advanced Batteries: Materials Science Aspects
- Mathematics for Physical Chemistry, Third Edition
- A Pictorial Approach to Molecular Bonding
- Collected Works of Lars Onsager, the
- Ionic Liquids in Synthesis
Extra info for Characterization of Porous Solids II
The calculation of the supercritical adsorption of LJ methane in carbon pores suggests that there exists an optimum pore size for methane adsorbed in porous carbon. At a fixed temperature, the maximum excess adsorption per unit of pore volume passes through a global maximum for a particular pore width. The selectivity isotherm for methane-ethane mixtures shows different shapes when the temperature changes. At high temperatures, it passes through a maximum. When the temperature is near the capillary critical one, a second maximum appears.
2 . E. Gubbins, F. van Swol and U. Marini Bettolo Marconi, Mixtures confined to narrow slit pores: Computer simulation and theory, Proc. Third Internat. Conf. on Fund. , Sonthofen, FRG, in press (1990). 2 . Tan, F. E. Gubbins, Lennard-Jones mixtures in cylindrical pores, Molec. , 62, 1213 (1987). A. Steele, The physical interactionof gases with crystalline solids, Surf. , 36, 317 (1973); The interaction of gases with solid surfaces, Pergamon, Oxford (1974). F. Rodriguez-Reinoso et al. , Amsterdam 31 SORPTION OF GASES ON MICROPOROUS SOLIDS: PORE SIZE CHARACTERIZATION BY GAS SORPTION STEVEN W.
2. In the SDA results in Figs. 0 P/P" Fig. 35. - Fig. 95. The metastable regions predicted by the SDA are included. 25 dependent hard sphere diameter was used . Good agreement between the SDA and computer simulation is found in both cases. In Fig. 3 , we compare the LDA, SDA, and Kelvin equation with molecular dynamics (MD) simulation results for LJ fluids in cylindrical pores using the results of Peterson et al. . The Kelvin equation is where po is bulk fluid vapor pressure, y and vL are the surface tension and molar volume of the liquid, N is Avogadro's number, k is Boltzmann's constant, and R is pore radius.
Characterization of Porous Solids II by F. Rodriguez-Reinoso, J. Rouquerol, K. S. W. Sing