By Gonul Kaletunc, Kenneth J. Breslauer
"Characterization of Cereals and Flours" is a cutting-edge reference that info the newest advances to signify the results of producing procedures and garage stipulations at the thermal, mechanical, and structural houses of cereal flours and their items - interpreting the impression of moisture absorption, garage temperature, baking, and extrusion processing on flour and cereal product texture, shelf-life, and caliber. The e-book discusses the impression of additions on pre- and submit processed nutrients biopolymers; the improvement of databases and development of nation diagrams to demonstrate the country and serve as of cereal flours ahead of, in the course of, and after creation; and the present ideas in picture research, mild and electron microscopy, and NMR spectroscopy used to research the microstructure of cereal items. It additionally discusses the tools used to optimize processing parameters and formulations to provide end-products with fascinating sensory and textural houses; the shelf lifetime of cereal items; and the relationships among the sensory and actual features of cereal meals.
Read Online or Download Characterization of Cereals and Flours (Food Science and Technology) PDF
Best food science books
"Characterization of Cereals and Flours" is a state of the art reference that info the most recent advances to symbolize the results of producing techniques and garage stipulations at the thermal, mechanical, and structural houses of cereal flours and their items - analyzing the impact of moisture absorption, garage temperature, baking, and extrusion processing on flour and cereal product texture, shelf-life, and caliber.
Healthy Lipids addresses severe and present regulatory concerns and rising applied sciences, in addition to the efforts made towards the construction of fitter lipids. This e-book examines the most recent technological developments and the rising applied sciences in processing and research, health-related issues, and methods utilized in the creation and alertness of healthy lipids.
This multi-authored ebook is edited through a professional within the box and contains chapters from overseas members. it really is absolutely move disciplinary referring to eco-friendly ideas to the nutrition undefined, masking felony and coverage concerns, engineering, nutrition processing and meals technological know-how. It addresses the choices to standard nutrition processing that experience lowered strength necessities or solvent use and the way they have an effect on ultimate nutrients caliber.
Meals Fraud presents an summary of the present nation at the subject to assist readers comprehend which items are being impacted, how pervasive meals fraud is, and what legislation are in impression around the constructed global. As overseas nutrients alternate raises, nutrients processors, vendors, and shoppers are deciding to buy progressively more foodstuff from international nations that, in lots of instances, have insufficient oversight or keep an eye on over what's getting into our supermarkets, eating places, and fridges.
- Flavor-Food Interactions
- Food Protection and Security. Preventing and Mitigating Contamination during Food Processing and Production
- Modifying Flavour in Food
- Handbook of Seafood and Seafood Products Analysis
- Handbook of Cane Sugar Engineering
Extra info for Characterization of Cereals and Flours (Food Science and Technology)
10. G Kaletunc¸, KJ Breslauer. Glass transitions of extrudates: relationship with processing-induced fragmentation and end-product attributes. Cereal Chem 70:548– 552, 1993. 11. A Boller, C Schick, B Wunderlich. Modulated differential scanning calorimetry in the glass transition region. Therm Acta 266:97–111, 1995. 12. B Wunderlich, A Boller, I Okazaki, S Kreitmer. Modulated differential scanning calorimetry in the glass transition region. Part II. The mathematical treatment of the kinetics of the glass transition.
1. Sensitivity of the observable to the mobility in the system: In highmolecular-weight materials the sidechains will have a greater degree of mobility than the backbone. The mobility in local domains might occur at a lower temperature than the mobility in the total system. 8 Kaletunc¸ and Breslauer Therefore, techniques sensitive to the mobility in local domains, such as molecular probes used in spectroscopic techniques and in NMR, will detect the change in observables at a lower temperature. 2.
Moisture sorption may occur in extruded products due to exposure to various relative humidity conditions during postprocessing storage. It is well established that the thermal stability of the glassy state (Tg ) of the extrudates is highly sensitive to moisture plasticization (moisture induces a lowering of Tg ), especially in the 0–10% water content range (2, 10, 20, 40, 41). Speciﬁcally, Kaletunc¸ and Breslauer (10) reported a rapid drop of Tg by about 8°C/(% of moisture added) for an extrudate of high-amylopectin corn ﬂour (Fig.
Characterization of Cereals and Flours (Food Science and Technology) by Gonul Kaletunc, Kenneth J. Breslauer