By Claudiu T Supuran, Giuseppina De Simone
Carbonic anhydrases (CAs, EC 188.8.131.52) are ubiquitous metalloenzymes, current all through so much residing organisms and encoded through 5 evolutionarily unrelated gene households. The Carbonic Anhydrases as Biocatalysts:From thought to clinical and commercial Applications offers info at the transforming into curiosity within the examine of this enzyme relatives and their functions to either medication and biotechnology.
- Offers complete insurance of the carbonic anhydrases enzyme relations and their homes as biocatalysts
- Includes present purposes of carbonic anhydrases in biotechnology at the foundation in their catalytic potency, together with new applied sciences for CO2 catch processes
- Identifies new objectives for drug layout studies
- Provides a selectivity profile for the several carbonic anhydrases and their comparable biomedical applications
Read or Download Carbonic Anhydrases as Biocatalysts: From Theory to Medical and Industrial Applications PDF
Similar physical chemistry books
Molecular idea of Solvation provides the hot development within the statistical mechanics of molecular drinks utilized to the main fascinating difficulties in chemistry this day, together with chemical reactions, conformational balance of biomolecules, ion hydration, and electrode-solution interface. The continuum version of "solvation" has performed a dominant position in describing chemical strategies in answer over the past century.
Integrating insurance of polymers and organic macromolecules right into a unmarried textual content, actual Chemistry of Macromolecules is punctiliously established to supply a transparent and constant source for newcomers and pros alike. the fundamental wisdom of either biophysical and actual polymer chemistry is roofed, besides very important phrases, simple structural houses and relationships.
This sequence presents the chemical physics box with a discussion board for severe, authoritative reviews of advances in each quarter of the self-discipline.
This article bargains authoritative contributions from approximately 2 hundred leaders within the box and new how you can improve catalytic reactions. "Catalysis of natural Reactions" covers techniques for designing, enhancing, and changing catalysts for better functionality, functionality, and balance, approaches to minimize derivative formation, and competitively priced choices for the hydrogenation of natural compounds.
- Reaction Kinetics and the Development of Catalytic Processes
- The entropy of hydrogen
- Kinetic and Thermodynamic Lumping of Multicomponent Mixtures
- Advances in Chemical Physics, Volume 1
Extra resources for Carbonic Anhydrases as Biocatalysts: From Theory to Medical and Industrial Applications
14. Kumar V, Kannan KK, Sathyamurthi P. Differences in anionic inhibition of human carbonic anhydrase I revealed from the structures of iodide and gold cyanide inhibitor complexes. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 1994;50:731–8. 15. Kannan KK. Structure and function of carbonic anhydrases. Biomol Struct Conformation Funct Evol 1981;1:165–81. 16. Ferraroni M,Tilli S, Briganti F. Crystal structure of a zinc-activated variant of human carbonic anhydrase I, CA I Michigan 1: evidence for a second zinc binding site involving arginine coordination.
74. Winum J-Y, Rami M, Scozzafava A, Montero J-L, Supuran CT. Carbonic anhydrase IX: a new druggable target for the design of antitumor agents. Med Res Rev 2008;28:445–63. 75. Thiry A, Dogné JM, Supuran CT, Masereel B. Anticonvulsant sulfonamides/sulfamates/sulfamides with carbonic anhydrase inhibitory activity: drug design and mechanism of action. Curr Pharm Des 2008;14:661–71. 29 30 Carbonic Anhydrases as Biocatalysts 76. Räisänen SR, Lehenkari P, Tasanen M, Rahkila P, Härkönen PL,Väänänen HK.
Boriack-Sjodin PA, Heck RW, Laipis PJ, Silverman DN, Christianson DW. 45 Å resolution: implications for catalytic proton transfer and inhibitor design. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1995;92:10949–53. 44. Alterio V, Hilvo M, Di Fiore A, Supuran CT, Pan P, Parkkila S, et al. Crystal structure of the catalytic domain of the tumor-associated human carbonic anhydrase IX. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2009;106: 16233–8. 45. Whittington DA, Waheed A, Ulmasov B, Shah GN, Grubb JH, Sly WS, et al. Crystal structure of the dimeric extracellular domain of human carbonic anhydrase XII, a bitopic membrane protein overexpressed in certain cancer tumor cells.
Carbonic Anhydrases as Biocatalysts: From Theory to Medical and Industrial Applications by Claudiu T Supuran, Giuseppina De Simone