By Eric A. Kimmel
The tale of younger Harry Houdini, the world’s maximum break out artist!
Harry Weiss—later recognized via his degree identify, Harry Houdini—and his brother, sprint, are enthralled whilst the circus involves their Wisconsin city. Harry loves all of the acts, yet his favorites are the tightrope and the superb trick the place a guy hangs from a rope along with his tooth! Harry and sprint choose to try out circus tips in a close-by barn, and even supposing Harry’s headstrong choice leads him and his brother into difficulty, it additionally opens up a complete new international for him—a global of functionality that later turns into his life’s ardour.
Read or Download A Spotlight for Harry PDF
Similar juvenile fiction books
Will Hillary discover the key of the elf village in Sara-Kate's backyard?
No fourth grader trusts Sara-Kate Connolly. Her boots are soiled, her outfits are bizarre, and she's so maladjusted that the varsity needed to carry her again a grade. yet Hillary is her next-door neighbor, and can't say no whilst the weird loner invitations her over to play. In Sara-Kate's overgrown yard, Hillary will locate evidence of a global of magic--the variety which may merely blossom among actual neighbors. one of the rusted automobile components and wild vegetation, a miniature village has sprung up. It has tiny homes made up of string, sticks, and maple leaves; a good with a bottlecap for a bucket; or even a bit playground with a Popsicle-stick Ferris wheel. yet there's completely no signal of who equipped this miniature global. To Sara-Kate, the answer's clear--only elves can be accountable for anything so enchanted. As she and Hillary look ahead to their elusive new neighbors, they study that fellowship, like magic, springs up the place you least anticipate it.
This book includes a own background by means of Janet Taylor Lisle together with infrequent photographs and never-before-seen files from the author's personal assortment.
Elizabeth's mother is having a child, and the complete kinfolk is concerned. Elizabeth learns all in regards to the baby's improvement, and he or she strains his development, month via month. She learns how the child received inside of mother, too.
Organize to move down a frightening course during this first booklet in manhattan instances bestselling writer Christopher Pike’s Spooksville series—now on TV!
Adam has simply moved to the small city of Springville. His first day there, he meets Sally, who tells him the town’s actual identify is Spooksville as a result of the entire spooky issues that pass on. Adam doesn’t think her—until they cross looking for the key course, a paranormal direction that ends up in different Spooksvilles.
Join Adam, Sally, and their buddy Watch as they take the key course and go through a depressing doorway. at the different facet you’ll discover a terrifying Spooksville the place there are large spiders, residing skeletons, evil black knights, and a witch who simply likes to make dolls…out of youngsters!
Taya and Lorkrin are Myunans—shape-changers who can sculpt their flesh like modelling clay. They by chance unencumber Shessil Groach, a timid botanist operating in captivity at the top-secret Harvest Tide venture. an enormous manhunt is introduced via the sinister Noranian Empire, as a way to cease at not anything to guard its undertaking.
- The Long Haul (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 9)
- Henry and the Elephant (Thomas & Friends)
- Meeting Cézanne
- The Red Ghost
- On the Banks of Plum Creek (Little House, Book 4)
Additional info for A Spotlight for Harry
3. Slip the cardboard triangle in between the fabric and the lining of the fabric triangle. Glue the cardboard to the back of the inside lining of the fabric triangle. 4. Cut and glue a piece of trim along the cut edge of the front of the fabric triangle. To mark a book, slip the fabric triangle over the corner of the page you want to find. 35 Shadow Boxes With Heart Make two or more of these shadow boxes using different collage materials for each heart. collage materials for each heart in shades of red, pink, or purple, such as buttons, small artificial flowers, potpourri, pompoms, jewels, or sequins Here is what you need: light cardboard two or more square jewelry box bottoms; the 31⁄2-inch (9-cm) square ones work particularly well pencil scissors Styrofoam tray to work on white craft glue ribbon, ruffle lace, and other trims pretty printed papers Here is what you do: 1.
2. Trace the outline of the dress on light cardboard. 3. 44 Cut out the outline. ribbons and trims 4. Using the cardboard dress shape as a pattern, trace the shape of the dress on the white copy paper. Stack four or five sheets of paper and cut out the shape to make the pages for your notepad. Repeat so that you will have eight or ten pages total. 5. Staple the pages together in the center of the top portion of the dress. 6. Glue the top part of the back of the dress to the cardboard so that it forms a backing for the notepad.
Use masking tape to secure the edges at the back of the cardboard. 9. Cut a 2-foot (60-cm) length of ribbon. 10. Glue one end of the ribbon to the top back of each side of the covered cardboard to make a hanger. 11. Glue the smaller paper with the doll on it in the center of the covered cardboard. Try using printed wrapping paper as one of the background papers for a pretty variation of this project. 34 Elegant Bookmark Use old neckties to make beautiful fabric bookmarks. Here is what you need: white craft glue scissors old necktie Here is what you do: 1.
A Spotlight for Harry by Eric A. Kimmel